- Product details
Wood decks and ramps can become hazardous from water or algae in shady or damp conditions. FRP Decking Strips create instant non slip safety for wet and slippery wood decking.
Features and Benefits of Fiberglass Decking Strips – FRP Non Slip Products:
- Waterproof & rot proof - ideal for wood which regularly gets wet
- Suitable for decking, walkways, bridges, piers etc. (unsuitable for barefoot areas)
- Beveled edges minimize trip hazards
- Simple, pre-drilled screw-in solution (screws included)
- Two standard sizes: 47" x 2" & 47" x 3-1/2"
- Available in black or sand colors and in extra coarse or medium grit grades
- Made for interior and exterior applications; ideal for heavy wear areas
- Made from Fiberglass Reinforced Plastic (FRP)
- Can be trimmed on site using a hacksaw if required
- Finished samples available. Call 1.855.627.6350 to speak to a Technical Expert
One row of screw holes are at approximately 1 foot intervals starting at 2” in from each end. Screws are included.
See our FRP/Fiberglass Range overview for more information.
Quick LinksTechnical Data Sheet
Appearance black or sand, extra coarse or medium textured Delivery Time (Days) Standard Primer Required no Usage - Interior / Exterior interior & exterior Usage - Suitable for wood, concrete, brick, stone and metal Usage - Properties makes slippery decking safer, waterproof and rot proof, pre drilled for easy installation (screws supplied), can be trimmed with hacksaw if required, suitable for domestic and commercial decking Usage - Surfaces floors Application - Application Condition use a #10 drill and a #8 screw (screws included)
- Preparation & Application
Surface Preparation: If you need to cut the FRP Decking Strips, a good quality abrasive disc, jigsaw or hacksaw can be used. The FRP material is quite tough to cut by hand, so if power tools are not readily available, please ask about our cut to size service.
Screw Size Guide:
If mechanical fixing is required, the following may be used as a guide:
- To timber: No.8 x 30mm zinc plated or stainless steel screws.
- To steel plate: No.8 x 20mm self-tapping pan head Pozi stainless steel screws or No.8 x 20mm self drilling pan head Philips zinc plated screws.
- To concrete: No.8 x 30mm zinc plated or stainless steel impact anchors.
- To open mesh: Stainless steel or zinc plated saddle clips and domed head bolts suitable in length for the depth of the existing treads.
Application: Pre-position the piece of Decking Strip in place to ensure the fit. Trim if needed. The Fiberglass Decking Strips are supplied pre-drilled by us. We use a #10 drill and a #8 screw. The larger hole size allows for any slight movement that may arise due to the long, thin shape on timber which can flex or expand. If any additional screw fixings are required, please use a #10 drill and #8 screw.
- Case Studies
Slippery decking was posing a large health and safety risk in a top UK college and where other products have failed, Rust-Oleum Industrial Flooring's FRP Decking Strips met the challenge.
Rust-Oleum Industrial Flooring, 11 Hawthorn Parkway, Vernon Hills, Illinois, 60061